Tuesday, September 21, 2010 | By: Arianna

A good day

Had a nice relaxing day today...went to the gym and ran a few miles, then took my sister out to lunch for her birthday, then went grocery shopping (not my favorite thing to do but still...needed some food in the house!), taught a couple piano lessons, and vegged! It was a good day...but not going to happen again for a while. :)

Sometimes I ask Billy how his day went, like today, and he usually says "good", like he did today. And then I ask how his meetings went, and he again says, "good", and then I ask him specifically how they went and what happened, and then again he says "nothing really happened". lol Are all guys like that? Come on! I want specifics!! He eventually went on to tell me about this day with details - that's what I want! haha

Here's a recipe that I have tried...and it's delicious! Something unique and healthy.

Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps


I've had lettuce wraps tons of times in restaurants, but I've never tried to make them myself. After trying lettuce wraps at so many restaurants, I'm happy to say that these were JUST as good as the ones you would order!

Ingredients:

Sauce:
• 6 t. hoisin sauce
• 4 t. soy sauce
• 2 t. sesame oil
• 4 t. white wine vinegar
• fresh ground black pepper

Filling:
• 2 t. olive oil
• 1 t. minced garlic
• ½ t. grated fresh ginger
• 2 green onions, chopped
• 1 lb. ground turkey
• 2 cups mixed vegetables (We used mushrooms, carrots, red pepper and onion)
• ½ green apple, finely chopped

Wraps:
• lettuce leaves (washed and separated)
• shredded carrots for topping
• rice noodles (optional for topping)

Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix.

To make the filling, heat a skillet on high heat with cooking oil. When the pan is hot, add garlic, ginger and green onions to the pan. Stir fry for a few seconds, just until fragrant.

Add the ground turkey and break into small pieces. Cook until almost cooked through.

Add the vegetables to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.

Mix in the sauce and cook for about 1 minute until thickened slightly. Add the apples to the pan and toss to coat.

Remove the pan from heat.

Serve the filling in lettuce “cups” and top with shredded carrots and rice noodles.


Make sure to have extra napkins...it's very messy! But VERY good!


Happy eating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment