Thursday, September 16, 2010 | By: Arianna

The start of many...


This is my first time writing on a blog, and I needed a place to share the happenings of our lives. With Billy and me leaving Palmcroft to start a new music ministry at Arizona Hills Church, starting my last semester of nursing school, and trying to be the wife my husband needs during this time, you could say that emotions are flying high. Stress is an every day experience, and it's only doable with the support from our friends and family, and by the strength of God.

We led our first worship set at AZ Hills this past sunday, and it was great! Billy and I love playing and worshipping together, so it was wonderful. God blessed us with each other...We met wonderful people, some new, some familiar, but all were loving and supportive and excited to have us! Sundays start early for us: get there at 7am, set up sound, instruments, equipment, props, tables, papers, you name it it's set up. The church brings in their own sound system too, and so there are new things that go along with that. There are new people to work with, new people to meet every week, and new people worship along side with! AZ Hills is looking forward to us bringing new music and new experiences. We're excited in this new transition, to see how God will use and work in us!

We were blessed with an abundance of gratitude and love from our Palmcroft family on Sunday night at a reception that was for us. Encouraging words, hugs, and tears were all a part of that night, and we couldn't have been more blessed. We can't thank everyone enough with how much support and encouragement you have been to us over the many years. We love you all and will see you soon enough!

This new semester of nursing school, (and my last!), is a killer. Stress up to wazoo, papers, tests, clinical, and more projects due almost every week. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but it always hits me over the head with a sledge hammer. The first couple weeks go by, and then when the first test comes, it always kicks my butt and reminds me how hard nursing school is. Here's an example of the crazy schedule I get to have: getting up at 4:30am on a Monday morning to do a clinical shift at County in Mesa with psych patients. I would not be doing this voluntarily. Seriously though, I think I am going crazy in this psych portion of school. How ironic is that! I am looking forward to getting to the ICU and ED portion of my semester once the psych portion is done, and hopefully I pass and graduate in December.

We just celebrated my nephew Dylan's 1 year leukemia free party on September 11! September 11 has a completely different meaning now for our family, and God has used little Dylan to show us how powerful and mighty He is. Dylan is only 1 1/2 years old, and to think of how much his little body went through is overwhelming, yet God knew what would happen and His glory has been shown through it all! If you want to follow Dylan and my family's journey...go to www.prayfordylan.com


I'll be posting more for sure, but we shall see how much I can do with all the business of life thrown into the mix.

0 comments:

Post a Comment